What is an Employee Wellness Program?
Employee wellness program are offered by an employer to improve employee health and also to help individual employees overcome particular health-related problems.
- Employee wellness programs refers to a collection of initiatives within an organization to promote healthy lifestyles among employees, and in some cases, spouses and dependents of employees.
- By focusing on employee health and wellness, a company is able to decrease the medical costs and boost the productivity.
The health and wellness of the employees usually have a direct effect on the productivity and profits of a company. Many employers understand this aspect and are ready to spend money on such programs.
What are the Benefits of Employee Wellness Program?
The key benefits of Employee Wellness Programs are:
- Employee wellness program proves that the organization values their employees
- Employee’s productivity & performance increase.
- Employee are able to remain active and sick leaves are reduced.
- Employee wellness program help to retain the best employees.
- Employees work hard and remain loyal to the organization.
How to Plan for Employee Wellness Program?
Once you understand the benefits of Employee Wellness Programs, it is time to design a successful wellness program for your organization. Here are some basic steps for planning a successful Employee Wellness Program at the workplace.
1. Set goals that will benefit both the company and the staff
While creating a wellness program, it is important that employers don’t lose sight of your main objective. Ensure that all aspects of the program provide benefits for the staff and the company. The employees should be able to understand the importance of wellness programs, the schemes involved, and the positive effect it will have on their lives.
2. Talk to your employees
An internal survey would help in understanding the wellness initiatives your employees find valuable. Talk about which programs they require during working hours and which programs are required after working hours.
3. Offer rewards for participants
Employers can offer rewards and incentives to motivate participants and encourage more employees to participate. These rewards can be given for achieving wellness goals in the form of gifts, shopping vouchers, etc.
4. Measure the results and adjust the wellness program
The most important practice is to measure the results of your program. For example, one of the goals for such programs could be to reduce the attrition rate. So, at the end of a year the wellness program can be evaluated on this parameter. Additionally, surveys can be conducted and evaluate the percentage of participation to find out the program’s success. This kind of evaluation will help you to learn and determine new goals for the future. The team should also be open to new ideas and feedback to improve the program.
Many companies also include Pre Employment Health Screening in their Employee Wellness Programs in order to appoint the right candidates. Organizations prefer to get Customized Preventive Health Checkup or corporate wellness programs, which are beneficial in the longer run. You only need to make a smart choice with a reliable option. If you want to know more about customized Occupational Health Check Up, fill in the form and our executive will help you with an exclusive plan for your organization’s specific requirement at the earliest.