Medicals for Term and Health Insurance Policies
Term insurance provides you with a life cover for a specific term. Pre-policy medicals for Term and Health Insurance facilitators before providing coverage to a person. This is to minimize the risk in covering a person.
A medical test is required so that the insurer is aware of the policyholder’s current medical fitness and checks if there are any pre-existing medical conditions. It is important for calculating risk perception. A healthier individual is at lower risk, and he is generally offered lower premiums.
Health Atmos provides quick & quality Pre-Policy Medical Check-Up services. We understand the importance of quality medical check-ups for an insurer. So, we ensure that you are fully aware & prepared to manage future claims. Our panel of doctors can design the best package for your candidates keeping in mind your organizational goals.
Importance of Pre-Policy Medical Check-up for Term Life Insurance and Health Insurance:
Pre-policy Medical Test is compulsory for the majority of insurance policies available today.
- These tests are important as they act as a benchmark against which the insurance company can measure the policyholder’s health.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions or illnesses would come to light through such tests, allowing the company to make a decision on appropriate cover for any individual.
- If the policyholder files a claim and the company is able to prove that the illness was caused by a pre-existing medical condition that was not disclosed or proves that the policyholder has deliberately withheld information regarding his/her medical health, then the claim could be rejected.
Importance of Annual Medical Check-up Term for Life Insurance and Health Insurance:
A medical test helps insurers to assess the health conditions and fitness of the client. The tests are important when the claims are filed.
- After undergoing annual medical checkup, the policyholder’s medical health will be filed, making it easier for both the insurance company as well as the policyholder to investigate and file a claim, respectively.
What Medical Tests Are conducted?
Each insurer will have a different risk assessment policy, based on which a life assured’s medical risk is measured. The risk is measured by a grid, containing the policyholder’s age and coverage amount being the parameters of the grid. Based on these two factors, the type of tests will be administered to the policyholder. The usual tests administered, is measurement of blood pressure, ECG, lipid profile test, blood serum test, complete blood count and blood sugar.
The medical tests that you will have to undergo before buying term insurance are based on information such as age, family medical history, sum assured, lifestyle habits (smoking, drinking) that you have declared in your term life insurance application form.
Apart from the basic details such as height and weight, blood pressure and medical history, the insurance company would ask you to undergo the following tests:
- Urine test – Routine urine examination and urine cotinine test
- Blood Tests
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Lipid profile
- Liver function test
- Kidney function test
- Fasting blood sugar
- ECG/TMT/2D Echocardiography
- Ultrasonography (Abdomen)
- Chest X-RAY
- Additional tests depend on the illness disclosed.
What are the Benefits of our Digital Health Platform?
- Just register a candidate for a health check & we will manage the rest.
- The insurer shall have access to a personalized dashboard to manage and approve claims.
- Facility to track the medical reports of the candidate before issuing the policy.
- Facility to upload the medical reports of the candidate when a claim is filed.
- Minimise the risk in covering a candidate.
How does Health Atmos Work?
- Just give us a call and our personnel will assist you in customizing a package that will suit the needs of your candidates.
- Packages can even be designed depending upon the age group of insurance applicants.
To know more, email us at – email@example.com