Mandatory Medical Check-up for Long and Short Term Visa
You need to get medical check-up before submitting your Visa application. Visa applicants can apply for visa to visit family members or for study purposes. If the duration of your visit is six months or less, then you don’t require a medical examination. However, medical examination is required in the following cases:
- If you intend to work in an occupation where the protection of public health is essential.
- If you intend to study – A medical check-up is a compulsory physical test designed to prove that international students are fit to study.
- Immigrant Visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to live permanently.
- Non-immigrant Visas are for foreign nationals who visit for tourism, medical treatment, business, temporary work, study, or other similar reasons.
Health Atmos provides medical examination on Overseas Visa Applications for a number of countries. We serve across India, Qatar, UAE, Oman, RSA, Bahrain, Kuwait, Bangladesh, Germany, UK, Maldives, Mexico, Egypt, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Armenia and fast expanding to other global destinations.
What is the Mandatory Medical Check-up for Permanent and Provisional Visa Applicants?
In general, permanent and provisional visa applicants need to have the following health examinations
Under 2 years
2 or more but under 11 years
11 or more but under 15 years
15 or more years
You may need further tests if we identify a health condition during your initial health examination or during the visa application process.
What is the Mandatory Medical Check-up for Temporary Visa Applicants?
The examinations you need depends on the type of Visa you are applying for and how long you intend to stay. If you will stay for less than 6 months, you normally do not need to get a chest x-ray. But if you will stay for 6 months or more, then you must have a chest x-ray. You must also have a chest x-ray if you are a citizen of a country that has a high risk of tuberculosis (TB).
|SITUATION||ADDITIONAL TESTS REQUIRED|
If you are from a country with a high risk of TB
If you are pregnant and intend to have the baby
If you intend to work or study to be a doctor, dentist, nurse or paramedic
If you are aged 75 years or older and applying for a visit visa
If you are 15 years old or older and applying for a refugee visa
* The medical examination is only valid for 3 to 6 months, depending on the results.
MANDATORY MEDICAL CHECK-UP INSTRUCTION:
Before your visa interview, you must have a medical examination performed by a medical doctor authorized by the Embassy. You should complete your medical exam at least three weeks before your interview date.
YOU MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AT THE TIME OF THE MEDICAL CHECK-UP:
- A copy of your immunization records.
- Medical records of past surgeries or illnesses.
- Four 3×4 (passport size) recently taken photos.
- Your original passport and a photocopy of your passport.
- Female applicants who are sexually active should have completed a pelvic exam and pap- smear in the last 12 months and, if possible, should show the results at the time of the medical exam.
- A list of all medications you are currently taking, including the dosage, and frequency.
How to Book an Appointment for Mandatory Medical Check-up for Visa Applicants?
You can book your health checkup by contacting Health Atmos. We cover all states in India and 25+ countries globally. You can choose a home collection service or walk-in appointment at a lab near you. We will be happy to be at your service. Stay Healthy! Stay Safe!