Travel Guidelines for passengers arriving in Egypt:
- All Travellers must present a negative PCR test 72 hours before your travel to Egypt.
- An exception is made for passengers travelling from (Japan, China, Thailand, North America, South America, Canada, London (Heathrow), Rome, Paris, Frankfurt, New Zealand, Australia, and South Korea) PCR test must be 96 hours before departure time.
- Children under six years of age are exempted from the PCR test.
Important Note: Passengers who do not have a stamp or a QR code on their PCR test certificate will be deported back to their point of origin. NAAT COVID tests are not accepted.
COVID-19 PCR TEST
RAPID ANTIGEN TEST
Includes supervision of a Doctor
What are the travel restrictions in Egypt?
- Vaccination Requirements: The vaccinations approved in Egypt are: AstraZeneca, Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer. BioNTech, Sinopharm, Sinovac, and Sputnik V.
- Testing: Negative PCR test is required 72 hours before arriving in Egypt.
- Lockdown in Effect: No
- Events: Partially Allowed
- Transport: Operational
- Shopping: Open
- Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Please visit the Ministry of Public Health website for update on Covid-19 restrictions before you travel to Egypt.
You need to know the Travel requirements for PCR testing and entry of the destination country you’re planning to travel to. Finding a local lab or pharmacy or relevant healthcare center for tests can be stressful and time-consuming. You can book your PCR test in advance by filling in the form or Call/WhatsApp Us at +91 9819080018 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No matter where you are in the world, you can book your test with a click of a button and get your sample collected at your residence. Have a safe trip!
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you cannot use an Antigen Fit to Fly Certificate to enter Egypt.
The submitted PCR certificate will be accepted if it meets the following requirements:
- PCR certificate should be issued by an accredited laboratory in the issuing country
- It should be linked with a readable QR code and does not contain scrapings, cancellations or additions
- PCR test certificate is accepted in Arabic, English, or French language
- PCR test certificate must be the original certificate (a copy is not allowed)
Important Note: Passengers who do not have a stamp or a QR code on their PCR test certificate will be deported back to their point of origin. NAAT Covid tests are not accepted.
A vaccination certificate is accepted if it meets the following requirements:
- 14 days must have passed after taking the second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, or Sputnik.
- 14 days must have passed after the first dose of Johnson & Johnson.
All passengers, irrespective of their vaccination status, who were in or transited through Argentina, Bangladesh, Belize, Bolivia, Bhutan, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam in the past 14 days from the date of arrival in Egypt will be subjected to an “ID Now Covid‑19 test” on arrival in Egypt. The cost of 1000 EGP for the Covid‑19 ID Now testing will be borne by the passenger and has to be paid upon arrival in Egypt.
Passengers with a positive Covid‑19 ID Now test result must perform another Covid‑19 PCR test and should remain at the airport until the test result is received. In case the second test result is also returned positive, the passenger will then be transferred to a government hospital and standard Covid‑19 protocols will be applicable. (source)
All passengers from Canada, Australia, South Korea, Japan, China, Thailand, New Zealand, North America and South America, who are travelling from or transiting through London Heathrow, Paris, Rome and Frankfurt can present a Covid‑19 PCR test certificate taken 96 hours before departure to Egypt.
Once the passenger departs Egypt, the Covid‑19 PCR certificate will not be valid for a return flight to Egypt (the certificate cannot be reused).